Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Selfish Girls by Jake Miller Interpretation


Today, I would like to interpret to you "Selfish Girls" by Jake Miller.

Haha, that rang, that rang, that rang...

[Intro]
I was gonna write you a love song just the other day
So I sat down and thought real hard but nothing ever came
I took a walk downtown and it hit me like a train
So I grabbed a napkin and started scribbling away

(Referring to "Haha, that rang, that rang, that rang...") After you've heard the whole song, you'll figure out that this it is essentially the voicemail greeting of Jake Miller (Refer to the line later: And if you wonder why your phone ain't ringing. Call my voicemail, and I'mma start singing).

[Pre-Hook]
And I was like woah-oh, woah-oh
Sexy can't make up for crazy, no-oh, no-oh
And girl, you crazy as shit

On this Pre-Hook, Jake Miller is simply saying that he and his girl are not compatible, after all (Refer to the line "Sexy can't make up for crazy...And girl, you crazy as shit).

[Hook]
This song's for selfish girls
They want the whole wide world
They just want everything (We just want everything)
And they cry when the sky ain't blue
This song's for selfish girls
They want the whole wide world
I give them everything
And there ain't nothing I can do

This is sort of a breakup message to his girlfriend once she calls Jake (Refer to the line: And if you wonder why your phone ain't ringing). He is stating his reason for breaking up with her which is that she is too selfish for him.

[Verse 1]
Look, she walked into my life, all innocent and shit
And then she took my credit card and dipped
Gave me a kiss, then turned around and stole the keys to my whip
Aw man, what a selfish bitch
She was like, "See ya, I wouldn't wanna be ya"
Kidnapped my Visa then she hit the galleria
Let's have a moment of silence for what I say next
R.I.P to all my paychecks
Supermodel but the inside's ugly
Yeah, and I'm over it like a fraction
She loved herself way more than she loved me
Only cared about her Instagram captions
So this the last song I'm ever gonna write for ya
Go find a douchebag, maybe he'll be right for ya
And if you wonder why your phone ain't ringing
Call my voicemail, and I'mma start singing

He was captivated by his girl because he thought she was everything he was looking for. He then realized that she didn't care for him emotionally plus despite her beautiful appearance, she has an ugly attitude.


[Bridge]
La, la, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, yeah
La, la, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la
Look, I thought you were a dime but you loved me for my dimes
Selfish girls will be the death of me, this happens every time
I thought you were a dime but you loved me for my dimes
Selfish girls will be the death of me, this happens every time

A "dime" means being a perfect ten in terms of hotness (everything you are looking for in a person). Then, he says that she is only interested in his money.

Let me know what you think on the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment