Wednesday, July 6, 2016

One Call Away by Charlie Puth Interpretation


I would like to interpret a beautiful song called "One Call Away" by Charlie Puth today.

[Chorus]
I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman, got nothing on me
I'm only one call away

When we need people, we expect latency from them (Yes, even from Superman!). Charlie Puth is saying here that he is nothing like that, as he will always be there more than Superman can.

[Verse 1]
Call me, baby, if you need a friend
I just wanna give you love
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon

Reaching out to you, so take a chance

He is assuring her that he will always be there if she ever needs a friend because he loves her.

[Pre-Chorus]
No matter where you go
You know you're not alone


He is telling her that she is not alone because he is always only one call away!

[Verse 2]
Come along with me and don't be scared
I just wanna set you free
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon
You and me can make it anywhere
But for now, we can stay here for a while

Cause you know, I just want to see your smile

He is asking her to be courageous. He can see that this girl has problems and he wants to set her free. He simply wants to see her smile, which means that he only has good intentions for her.

[Bridge]
And when you're weak, I'll be strong
I'm gonna keep holding on
Now don't you worry, it won't be long

Darling, and when you feel like hope is gone
Just run into my arms

Aside from being only one call away, he will support her and will be strong for her even if she is weak; also, he won't give up on her.

Let me know what you think on the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment