Friday, July 22, 2016

Just Like Fire By P!nk Interpretation


Today I would like to interpret "Just Like Fire" by P!nk.

[Verse 1]
I know that I am runnin' out of time
I want it all, mmm, mmm
And I'm wishin' they'd stop tryin' to turn me off
I want it on, mmm, mmm

And I'm walkin' on a wire, tryin' to go higher
Feels like I'm surrounded by clowns and liars
Even when I give it all away
I want it all, mmm, mmm

P!nk is for some reason is running out of time. Although she wants it all, there are people hindering her from achieving her dream. By "walking on a wire" while "trying to go higher," what she is trying convey is the massive difficulty of her situation. Even on those times that she gives it all away, she still wants it all.

[Pre-Chorus]
We came here to run it, run it, run it
We came here to run it, run it, run it


In reference to the first verse where she wants to have it all, besides that, she also wants to rule everything.

[Chorus]
Just like fire, burnin' up the way
If I could light the world up for just one day
Watch this madness, colorful charade
No one can be just like me any way
Just like magic, I'll be flyin' free
I'mma disappear when they come for me
I kick that ceiling, what you gonna say?
No one can be just like me anyway
Just like fire, uh

Lighting up the world means doing something exceedingly amazing. She is
implying that she is going to do that.

[Verse 2]
And people like to laugh at you cause they are all the same, mmm, mmm
See I would rather we just go a different way than play the game
And no matter the weather, we can do it better
You and me together, forever and ever
We don't have to worry 'bout a thing, 'bout a thing

P!nk believes that one of the reasons why people laugh at you is because you are more amazing than them. Rather than settling for less, which she refers to as just like playing "the game," she wants to be the best. As long as she and her lover are together, they will always be the best; plus, they are going to be together forever and ever. That is why they don't have to be worried about anything.

[Verse 3]
So look, I came here to run it
Just cause nobody's done it
Y'all don't think I can run it
But look, I been here, I done it
Impossible? Please
Watch, I do it with ease
You just gotta believe
Come uh, come uh with me
Oh, what's a girl to do?
(What, what?)
Hey, what's a girl to do?
(What, what?)
Oh, what's a girl to do?
(What, what?)
Mmmm, what's a girl to do?


She wants to have it all and rule everything simply because nobody has done it before. Nobody trusts that she will accomplish this. However, it seems like she has already done it. People say that what she has done is impossible. She disagrees while saying that it is possible, "you just gotta believe."

Let me know what you think on the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment