Sunday, July 17, 2016

Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers Ft. Daya Interpretation


Today, I would like to interpret a recent popular (pop) song called "Don't Let Me Down" by Chainsmokers ft. Daya.

[Verse 1]
Crashing, hit a wall
Right now I need a miracle
Hurry up now, I need a miracle
Stranded, reaching out
I call your name but you're not around
I say your name but you're not around


Daya is in desperation (hitting a wall). Since she believes that she needs a miracle, it is evident that she is losing hope. In this situation, she cries for help from her partner. Unfortunately, her lover is not around when she needs him the most.

[Chorus]
I need you, I need you, I need you right now
Yeah, I need you right now
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
I think I'm losing my mind now
It's in my head, darling I hope
That you'll be here, when I need you the most
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
D-Don't let me down


In this chorus, Daya is being straightforward. She needs her boyfriend and she is hoping that he won't let her down.

[Verse 2]
R-r-running out of time
I really thought you were on my side
But now there's nobody by my side

It's make it or break it for Daya (running out of time). However, her boyfriend is not around to help her.

Let me know what you think on the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment